Monday, December 25, 2017

It's About the Cross

It's not just about the manger where the baby lay,

It's not just about the angels who sang for him that day,

It's not just about the shepherds, or the bright and shining star;

It's not all about the wise men who travelled from afar.

It's about the cross, it's about my sin, it's about how Jesus came to be born once so that we could be born again.

It's about the stone that was rolled away, so that you and I could have real life someday;

It's about the cross.

It's not all about the good things in this live I've done,

It's not all about the treasures or the trophies that I've won,

It's not all about the righteousness that I find within;

It's about His precious blood that saves me from within.

It's about the cross, it's about my sin, it's about how Jesus came to be born once so that we could be born again.

It's about the stone that was rolled away, so that you and I could have real life someday.

It's about the cross.

The beginning of the story is wonderful and great, but it's the ending that can save you, and that's why we celebrate.

It's about the cross, it's about my sin, it's about how Jesus came to be born once so that we could be born again.

It's about God's love nailed to a tree, it's about every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should've been me.

It's about the stone that was rolled away, so that you and I could have some life someday.

So that you and I could have real life someday. 

It's about the cross.

5 comments:

  1. Love this song, Kate!!! Merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those words are really powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a beautiful song!! Thanks so much for sharing, and for taking part in the party, girlie. <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs Hugs Hugs. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask a question! I'll be sure to reply to your comment!