Sunday, May 14, 2017

Dear Mom...


Dear Mom,
One of my first memories of you is when the guys were wrestling in the family room, you and I would be sitting in the comfy chairs watching them.  I wanted to join them so bad, but I was scared to because they were so rough.  Then you would give me a smile and tell me to go play, and you made sure they weren't too rough with me.
I also remember you taking me to get my booster shots.  I was scared to death, but you sat right beside me and tried to keep my attention off the needle and the pain even though it didn't work.
I remember rinsing dishes while you washed them, and how proud you made me feel when I could stand at the sink without a chair.
I remember filling my hands with suds, and smearing them on your face and neck.  I had no idea how you would react, but you in turn did the same to me, and it turned being a sud-war, ending with us giggling so hard and suds on the kitchen walls.
You taught me how to read, how to add and subtract, how to tell time and how to tie my shoes when I was little, then how to play the piano, how to do laundry, how to marinade a steak and how to plant and care for a garden when I got older.
You have been patient with me even when I was a little twerp when I was little and when I've been grumpy.
You and Daddy taught me what true beauty is, by telling and showing; that "man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart".  Y'all were and are my role models, and you've lived up to that.
You've taught me life lessons, and have brought me up to know the Lord and what it is to know Him.
Mom, you're amazing.  I love you.
~Kaitlyn

3 comments:

  1. Kate...I about cried. That was beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, this was just . . . Beautiful, to mirror Faith's words. Simply Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask a question! I'll be sure to reply to your comment!