Thursday, September 8, 2016

Corn Harvest 2016


Hi people!
Corn harvest is in full swing, and, living on a farm, I get multiple opportunities to ride and/or take pictures.



The corn goes into the combine through the header and into the bin:
Picture courtesy of my sister
Then, once the bin is full, the grain cart goes to meet the combine,
The rides can get quite bumpy in the field!
 And the combine dumps on the grain cart without stopping.


The grain cart then heads over to the truck and unloads, then heads back out to meet the combine again...

While the truck, once full, heads off to unload.

But before he does, it's always fun to play in the grain. :)
Photo courtesy of my sister
Every once in awhile, the combine will come unload on the grain cart while the grain cart is unloading on the truck:

Or, at the end of the field, the combine will just head straight to the truck instead of unloading on the grain cart.

And, of course, every vehicle needs to refuel sometime.

So while the tractor's driver is doing that, I hop from the buddy seat into the much more comfortable driver's seat. ;)


Also, what would harvest be without food?
So that the guys don't have to stop and come home to eat, we pack their food and take it to them for them to eat on the go. :)
Mmmmm… ham & cheese roll-ups with tomatoes, onions, peppers, cream cheese and lettuce. :D
Bacon cheeseburgers are delicious.
And, last but not least, here are some pics that I just think are cool. ;)
Photo courtesy of my sister
I love the sky here :D
Combine auger unloading
Courtesy of my brother
So there's corn harvest, folks!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Kaitlyn




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome!!! :D Thanks so much for sharing, Kaitlyn! I enjoyed reading this post and seeing all the pictures if how stuff works. :P Farming is nothing like that here!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask a question! I'll be sure to reply to your comment!