Saturday, March 28, 2020

Life As Of Now


HI Y'ALL. Long time no see! (If you didn't even notice I've been absent, tbh I'm not gonna be offended, haha)

So, I started off this post so many times but failed, so let's just skip the introduction and jump right into the life update, shall we?

2019 was a year of firsts.

First public school experience (to take my ACT. It made me glad I was homeschooled, m'kay?).

First time publishing a book.


First time going to a summer camp.

First time mowing the lawn.

First time going to a concert as a VIP (Michael W. Smith is da bomb).


First time meeting Brooklyne in person (which was AMAZING).

First time actually making legit money on my cover design business.

First time visiting the ARK Encounter + Creation Museum in Kentucky.


First time getting Instagram. (Bookstagram is a blast, y'all. *grins*) You can find me @katetheauthor if interested. ;)

There's probably a whole lot more that I'm forgetting but meh.
Ya know, I think every year is a year of firsts. Each year we step out and do new things. But for some reason, 2019 just stood out to me that way.

But anyway. Now that that's all talked about, what's my 2020 looking like so far?

A few random happenings . . .

-My dad & brothers built me bookshelves to surround my walls at the ceiling! *happy sigh* So beautiful.


-I made mozzarella sticks for the first time and they were DELISH.


-I've been taking sooooo many #bookstagram pics...


-Kordell's cows had their babies! And they're so cute!! (I really need to go see them again . . . )


-I bought so much yarn, haha! I've got projects, lots of projects.


So, then, there's the big question: how am I doing during COVID-19??
Honestly? Nothing has really changed for us, hehe! I work at home, we don't go very many places anyway, and since half of my family is made up of introverts, and we see each other all the time . . . we're doing pretty good. ;) The question is, how are you doing? My extrovert sister is about to die, not being able to go anywhere . . . and I know a lot of y'all are the same way. You can do this, y'all!

If you're going stir-crazy, try
-working out (it's actually kinda enjoyable when you do it with someone)
-having an impromptu dance party, even when you're by yourself (because music + dancing makes everything better, gives you exercise, and helps you not be so stir-crazy)
-writing a book (keeps your mind occupied)
-blogging (because, honestly, there's so many posts that you could write that could keep you busy for days)
-starting a journal (getting your thoughts on paper, about anything, definitely helps relieve stress/tension!)
-studying your Bible (if we spent as much time studying the Bible as we did sitting around complaining of boredom, our faith would be so much bigger)
-playing games (*gasp* PLAYING A GAME! What a novel idea! Honestly tho, this could take so many forms—from board games to your own private olympics)
-playing with your hair (might as well learn to look good for when you're out in public again)
-work (yeah, y'know those lil' chores around the house that have been staring you down? Do it today)

See? The possibilities are endless. ;)
Also, random note—anyone else here wear jeans around the house all the time bc they're comfortable?? I see on social media that people are saying "Who would wear jeans when you can wear leggings?! They're so uncomfortable!" Um, sorry, y'all. Not feeling it. xD

So, anyway.
How has your 2020 been so far??
Anything exciting happen for ya?
(Also considering doing monthly life updates again so I don't have to keep doing year-end recaps . . . )


4 comments:

  1. loved reading this! and wow, you have a lot of books ;O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah this whole corona virus has really not affected us very much either... at least not compared to “normal” people😂 since my dad works at home and we do school at home and we don’t really go a lot of places anyways. It is starting to get a bit sad not seeing anyone else but it’s fine. I like hanging out with my family👍🏼You got to meet Brooklyne in person?? I’m jealous!
    Hehe yep I wear jeans all the time and it’s great... Leggings are kinda grossly immodest but people can do what they want I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I loved this recap!!
    Getting to meet you was one of my highlights of 2019!! I still can’t believe we got to meet (and stepping outside of my comfort zone was so worth it!) plus, pizza and fudge... can’t get much better than that! <3

    Your room is so cool! That’s a great list of things to do during all this... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love Dee Henderson! I am on the third book of the O'Malley series at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask a question! I'll be sure to reply to your comment!