As you can obviously tell by the post's title, I've been tagged twice! So, I figured I'd better actually do it this time. ;) Thanks to Molly and Brooklyne for tagging me with the #AwesomeBlogger Award!
-Tag your post with #awesome blogger award (done!)
-Answer all the questions given to you
-Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nomination
-Give them 10 new questions to answer
1. Do you like NASCAR? If so, who is your favorite driver?
Uh . . . no? XD I honestly hardly watch NASCAR at all, soooo I couldn't even begin to tell you who the drivers are.
2. Have you ever been pulled over? If so, why and did you get a ticket and who paid for the ticket?
Again, no. Wow, these answers are starting to get boring . . .
3. What is your least favorite musical instrument?
Um . . . probably the recorder. Unless it's played right. But basically the only experience I've had with the recorder wasn't very enjoyable, soooo
4. What is the silliest/most embarrassing thing you did when you were a kid?
Oh goodness, this is hard . . . I'll have to come back to this one.
*finishes other questions*
Okay, after enlisting the help of my mom and sister . . . I fell off chairs. Really. I'd balance on them wrong, and just fall off. My dad and brothers never let me forget that chairs used to buck me off. ;P
5. What do you do when you're stressed?
Try to keep calm. While giving myself gray hairs a few years early. (well okay, I don't have gray hairs. Yet.) If possible, I like to make out a list of things I have to get done, and it makes all the tasks seem less overwhelming.
6. What was the biggest/most expensive thing you bought that you regret buying?
Well, keep in mind that I'm very much a penny pincher—my father instilled that in all his kids, and some—like me—picked it up more than others (really, the only thing I really spend much money on is books). So I've got two things I regret buying: origami paper and a piano book. I used like, 4 sheets of the 20 in the box, and I quickly advanced out of the piano book.
7. How many houses have you lived in?
Like, as a visit or as in, lived lived? Assuming this means that I actually dwelt in this house for more than five days . . . one. One house. I know, another boring answer, buuuut it's true. And I love this house. ;)
8. What is the item that you most regret getting rid of?
Um . . . I honestly can't think of anything...except my siblings and I got so upset at my grandma for getting rid of our favorite toy. (I mean, it was for little kids, and we were too old for it. But still.) Yeah, I know, it technically doesn't answer the question, but hey, it'll work.
9. Who is your favorite author?
Uggghhh . . . why must these be so HARD?! I'll give you two, because I really don't have just ONE favorite—the struggle is real, y'all. Jeff Strueker and Susan K. Marlow. Now, I've got SO MANY favorite authors, but these two take the cake. (And yeah, I'll probably read this post later and think, why didn't I mention THAT AUTHOR?? But it's okay, I like these two.)
10. Do your siblings stalk your blog and discover who comments on it before you do? (mine do) ;)
Sometimes, actually. But I get email notifications for each one, so usually I catch them before my siblings. But yes, they often check my blog for comments, especially if it's a post they really like.
1. What is one thing that makes you sparkle? (what you get excited about...)
Okay, I'm going to sound contradictory and say people. Because while I'm an introvert (an introvert that plays extrovert to make people comfortable, so if you ever meet me and I'm super bubbly, it probably means I'm trying to make the conversation less awkward), I still do need people. I love camaraderie, I love being a part of a group. I don't really like always being the quiet person that gets ignored, but I definitely don't like being the center of attention.
2. After a long day, would you rather watch a movie with your family or read a good book?
Oh, goodness, I guess it depends. Sometimes all I want to do is shut myself away from people and just read. But, other times, I want to laugh my head off with my siblings and watch a movie with everyone.
3. Have you ever tried writing backwards or upside down? Or both at the same time?
Actually, yes. Backwards for sure. Upside down? I think so . . . both? Don't remember, actually. It's been awhile. ;)
4. What is one sport that you are really good at?
Well, I'm not really good at sports, but I've grown up playing football with the guys, so I'm not too bad at it. I can throw, I can catch, and I can punt. Tackling depends on the person. *smirks*
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm a pretty fair roller skater. ;) I mean, I'm not too bad at bowling either, but that doesn't really seem like a sport to me . . .
5. What is one sport that you better sit out on?...or else things could be disastrous.
Baseball. I love watching it, but honestly, I'm pretty awful. And not knowing all the rules really makes it more difficult.
6. What is one book that you could read over and over again and never tire of it? And what makes that book so memorable?
Punchinello and the Most Marvelous Gift by Max Lucado. It's a children's book, but when I was younger, each of us children could pick a book for our parents to read to us. Kordell and I both always picked this one, and we just loved it so much. I still love reading it!
7. What is a life lesson that God has taught you through a difficult time in your life?
People are not gods. You can't depend on others for things which they were never created. Your fulfillment comes through Christ, and when you put your trust in anything less than God—especially people—you're gonna end up lonely and confused. Never forget the One who created and loves you, y'all.
8. What is a book in the Bible that you rarely ever read?
Song of Solomon. Need I say more? ;)
9. What do you love about blogging?
I love interacting with others, and having my little corner of the world. Yes, y'all, even if I never take the time to reply, I read each and every comment, and I appreciate y'all's support. <3
10. And a fun one, if you could create a dessert that has never been made before, what would you create?
I don't know . . . something chocolate. *scratches head* OH! This has probably been made before, but like, a layered shortbread cake with chocolate ganache and strawberries between each layer, and on top, and smothered in whipped cream. *heart eyes*
If you actually read all that, well done! I'm impressed. ;)
1. What is one thing that make you sparkle? (Something that you get excited about)
2. What is your favorite musical instrument?
3. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
4. What is your 'theme song'? (This could be an all-time favorite, or a song that describes your situation)
5. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
6. Of all of your hobbies, what is your favorite and how did you get started on it?
7. Who is your favorite author, and which of their books is your favorite?
8. Which is your favorite book of the Bible, and why?
9. Which of the four seasons best describes your personality?
10. What is one thing that God has taught you recently?