Saturday, January 12, 2019

My Favorite TV Show Themes


I don't know about you, but for me, theme songs are a huge factor in my opinions on TV shows. (I mean, not much, but...some, at least.) Like, have you ever just started dancing during the opening credits to your favorite show because the theme song is just. so. good? Or you listen to it on repeat? Or you sing along because you've seriously seen and listened to it so much that you know every line, word for word? Yeah, I'm going to be talking about a few of those.
One of my favorite things to do with these is, when I find (or think of) another one that I love, I'll add it to my TV themes playlist on Spotify, then listen to them on shuffle and see how fast I can name them.

The Loner
I'm not a huge fan of this show, but I love the theme song, and I was so sad to find that this song isn't on Spotify. 


The Virginian
Ohh, this brings back so many memories. Mostly of watching the episodes on Sunday afternoons during the Summer because that was basically the only time we watched TV.


Rawhide
Again, one of those shows we watched together as a family.


Bonanza
Now, once again, Bonanza isn't particularly a favorite, but the theme song is the bomb.


Mission: Impossible
The show is just as epic as the theme song. And I mean the old show, not those new movies. *shakes head sadly* The old is so much better than the new.


The Pink Panther
I'm not gonna lie, the show drives me insane. But the theme is epic. (And yes, I'm well aware of my overuse of the word 'epic'. Don't judge, Squirt.)


NCIS: Los Angeles
While I love the show, there are some questionable parts. Watch with discretion.


MacGyver
As my sis so eloquently puts it, "I love this song. I love the show too. Almost as much as the song."


Magnum P.I.
I've never seen this show, so I can't exactly recommend it... ;P


Hogan's Heroes
Last, but certainly not least. The show is hilarious.


So there's ten of my favorite TV show themes. Can you see a theme here (no pun intended)? Yes, my family is sliiiiightly biased to the old shows.
What are some of your favorite themes?

6 comments:

  1. You don't like the Loner?! I love that one! Ahh, yes.... The Virginian.... memories. That is one of my favorite westerns! I'm with you! The old Mission Impossibles are 'epic'! I must agree, I really like NCIS LA, but there are several questionable parts. MacGyver...... is totally AWESOME!!<3 <3 That is one of, if not my VERY favorite tv shows!!!! It's amazing!!!!!<3 <3 Hogans Heroes is pretty funny too! All of them have great themes though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like NCIS: Los Angeles and I love MacGyver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *literally doesn't know many of these* HH and Bonanza are okay. I can sing the Green Acres theme song and hum The Waltons and LHOTP. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew seven out of ten of the songs you listed. I've actually watched six out of ten. These include The Virginian, Rawhide, Bonanza, The Pink Panther, MacGyver, and Hogan's Heroes. I think I'm going to fangirl about this. I LOVE old western TV shows. I haven't seen all of them (like The Loner) but I'm always on the lookout for new ones. I actually do enjoy watching Bonanza up until season seven when Pernell Roberts was no longer in the show. The original music is the best. I've never seen the original Mission Impossible but I think I would enjoy it more than the movies. The "newer-therefore-better" version of older shows just aren't my favorite. I bought the entire series of MacGyver on DVD. I prefer the first season mix of the theme song as compared to the eighth season. I also just prefer season one. As for Hogan's Heroes, I dare anyone with a sense of humor to get through an entire episode without laughing once! Thank you so much for this post! Have you ever watched Hawaii Five-0? You might like that theme song. As for western shows, there are so many! If you want to discover more of them just go to www.westernsontheweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Pink Panther song too, I love the old and new Macgyver song and movie, and Hogan's Heroe's so good and funny!!!! I like N.C.I.S D.C's song better then that one. And I like P.I's song too.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask a question! I'll be sure to reply to your comment!